What is an ATA Carnet?
An ATA Carnet, often referred to simply as a “Carnet,” is an international customs document that facilitates the temporary importation and exportation of goods for specific purposes, such as trade exhibitions, fairs, or other temporary business activities, without the need to pay import duties and taxes.
Who can use ATA Carnets
ATA Carnets are primarily designed for businesses and individuals engaged in international trade, exhibitions, and other temporary activities involving the movement of goods across international borders. Here are some of the key groups of people and organizations that can use ATA Carnets:
- Businesses: Many businesses use ATA Carnets to temporarily export and import goods for various purposes, including trade exhibitions, product demonstrations, sales presentations, and professional equipment for assignments abroad.
- Exhibitors: Companies and individuals participating in trade fairs, exhibitions, and events abroad can use Carnets to transport their exhibition materials, samples, and promotional goods without paying import duties and taxes
- Manufacturers: Manufacturers who need to send machinery, prototypes, or product samples to overseas clients, suppliers, or testing facilities can utilize ATA Carnets to simplify the process.
Key points about ATA Carnets
- Temporary Export/Import: ATA Carnets are used when you need to temporarily export goods from one country for a specific purpose and then re-import them without incurring customs duties and taxes.
- Accepted in Multiple Countries: ATA Carnets are accepted in over 80 countries that are part of the ATA Carnet system. These countries are signatories to the ATA Convention, which governs the use of Carnets.
- Wide Range of Goods: Carnets can cover a wide range of goods, including professional equipment, samples, commercial goods, and even artwork. However, they are typically not applicable for consumable or perishable items
- Simplified Customs Procedures: Using a Carnet simplifies customs procedures because it serves as a guarantee that the goods will be re-exported. It eliminates the need to pay import duties and taxes or post a customs bond for temporary imports.
- Validity Period: ATA Carnets have a limited validity period, usually 1 year from the date of issuance. You can use the Carnet for multiple trips within that time frame.
Why choose First European for your ATA Carnet
- We have 14 years of experience in the industry.
- As a freight specialist we know and understand how busy our clients are, with our dedicated customs specialist team we will make the whole process as smooth and care free as possible.
- Our dedicated in house customs team are here to answer any questions that you may have about the service.
- We can take care of all the paperwork to save you time.
- We can also arrange any transportation that you might need for your goods. Keeping everything in one place. This will ensure a smooth shipment.
- We can also arrange all your customs clearance from start to finish- EADS, T FORMS and EU Clearance.
PRICES FROM £395