Custom Clearance Agent
Full Time– Monday – Friday 830-5pm
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The UK Government has recently published a new Border Operating Model that will change the way in which goods are imported to and exported from the UK from 1st January 2021. We are building our team to meet an increased demand for our customs clearance services.
Export &Customs Agents are responsible for completing import and export customs entries on behalf of our customers who rely on our skilled team for guidance and advice and to make sure entries are HMRC compliant. Once you have completed our intensive training programme you will be on-boarding customers, getting to know their supply chains and helping them understand how to provide you with the information you need to clear their goods through UK ports.
The demand for our services is set to grow quickly, so we need people who can demonstrate an interest in international trade, have an enquiring mind, can learn at pace, and want to help grow our business.
- Build relationships and rapport with new and existing customers
- Checking of all relevant customs and trade documents
- Data administration and validation
- Tariff classification Support
- Submission of customs declarations using simplified, summary and standard procedures
- Management of the inbound correspondence via mailbox, ensuring emails are actioned within 24 hours
- Communication with customs authorities such as HMRC
- Forwarding of customs release messages to clients and their representatives
- Scanning and filing of support documents
- Complete customs entries in an accurate and timely manner
- Deliver a Customs Compliant service that meets HMRC standards
- Engage in CPD activity to keep your knowledge on customs policies up to date
- Deal with enquiries and help to sell relevant international trade services
- Other administration tasks as needed within the office
- Work to set targets
- Good IT knowledge (Office 365 or similar)
- Keyboard speed and accuracy
- An interest in learning new skills
- Literate and numerate
- Attention to detail
- A good standard of spoken and written English
- Committed and energetic
- A methodical but enquiring mind
What we can offer you:
- Generous salary depending on work experience
- Competitive commission structure
- Achievable monthly targets
- Uniform provided
- Fun, friendly office environment
Full training will be given.
We have proudly joined the government Kickstart Scheme creating new job roles for local 16-24 year olds on universal credit.
COVID 19 has made a lot of young people out of work we wanted to give them the chance at starting a new and exciting career and this excellent opportunity to join the logistics industry.
If you qualify then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are waiting for a decision from the kickstart scheme but we are now open for receiving and reviewing CVS with a view for interviews in 6-8 weeks.